Sunday, February 4, 2007

So its two weeks to the Chinese New Year. And I dont even feel the "mood' at all. No anticipation of the long break or the gambling sessions or of meeting up with old friends back in the hometown ( which incidentally is Penang). Haven't applied for leave from work. Didnt have time to attempt any baking, which is my occasional hobby. At least last year I managed a few batches of almond cookies.

Havent even gotten a new shirt for CNY, which I badly need to, else everyone including my mother will think I only own that one shirt I always wear....my favourite shirt. *grins* Well, I am one of those guys who dont quite like shopping and would prefer to wear that old shirt I am so comfortable in.

Blame it all on my job. Its been really stressful the last few months with changes in the office and all that. I guess that's been sapping my energy and occupying my mind (and time). Sounds bad, right? Well, we all got to earn a living. But some people ask, is it worth it? Can we not settle for something less stressful, less money but more quality of life?

I guess many of you are in the same situation. Is life becoming overly stressful as we strive for material wants? Even if we are not slogging for our wants, is life getting tougher these days that it takes so much more effort to make a decent living? As a result, are we losing our culture, religion, inner peace and all those other less tangible aspects of life which should ideally form a part of a balanced life? Does it matter?

Who knows? To each his own. All I need to worry about is to get through another heavy work week. And go get that shirt. ;)

2 comments:

rainbow angeles said...

OK, let's try to answer the questionssss...

1) Yeah, sounded bad. BUT, I think you can have some degree of control over it.

2) Is it worth it? To some people, sometimes it's not the $$$ but the passion... u have it?

3) Something less stressful, less $$$, can try... IF u are willing to.

4) Life will always be stressful in its own ways, I believe. More so especially the higher you go...

5) Is there any 'correct' definition of a "balanced life"?

Hey, suddenly I remember something... I think you should read The Rules of Life by Richard Templar... haha... why I laugh? Nolar, I also suddenly remembered the time you just picked up Blink when I told you I read Blink :P

ps: Blue shirt? ;)

pps: So cheong hei...

ppps: Good luckkkk!

Tired_man said...

Angel

Sorry for the late reply.

We try to have some control but it doesnt always work out that way. Yes, we choose the jobs we take on but at times its the best option given the other options of unemployment or less stressful jobs with miserable $$. We got to earn a decent living, pay our bills, meet our commitments etc. I guess there's no right or wrong answers. Just choices that we have to make.

And balance rarely exist these days.....i think

Ahhh...I have the book...yet to really read :))

And no, it aint one of my blue shirts! :))

"Cheong hei" also wrong... :P. Your comment is probably longer than my entry.

Thanks for your wishes.